Sunday, December 1, 2013

Three Traits of a Psychopath

“James Fallon admits he has a lot in common with serial killer Ted Bundy and Columbine assassin Eric Harris.  He is aggressive, lacks empathy and is a risk-taker. 

“Fallon, a professor of psychiatry and human behavior at the University of California Irvine, accidentally discovered what friends and family have suspected for years--he has all the genetic traits and brain scan patterns of a psychopath.

“’When somebody gets mad at me, I never show it--they can't read it on my face,’ Fallon, 66, told ABCNews.com.  ‘I never get even immediately, but four years down the road, I get them with revenge.’

“’I don't have special emotional bonds with those who are close to me--I treat everyone the same,’ he said.  ‘I am involved in a lot of charities and good works, and my intentions are good for the world.  But I don't have the sense of romance or love I am supposed to have for my wife.  It's not there.’ 

“But Fallon is not a mass murderer and in his new book, The Psychopath Inside: A Neuroscientist's Personal Journey Into the Dark Side of the Brain, he tries to understand why.” 

From Yahoo News today

No comments:

Post a Comment